What Are the Symptoms of Sleep Apnea?
Are you or a loved one losing sleep at night and wondering if sleep apnea may be the cause? This relatively common, yet potentially serious condition is experienced by many individuals worldwide, and, if left untreated, it can lead to a number of significant health concerns. Some of the most common symptoms of sleep apnea include:
- Loud, habitual snoring
- Pauses in breathing while asleep
- Waking up suddenly and feeling short of breath
- Snorting and/or gasping for air while sleeping
- Fatigue throughout the day, regardless of how much sleep you get
Additional, often secondary signs of sleep apnea may include:
- Having a dry mouth and/or sore throat upon waking
- Insomnia and/or frequent awakenings throughout the night
- Unexplained irritability, forgetfulness, lack of concentration, and/or depression
- Waking up with headaches in the morning
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these sleep apnea symptoms, it is strongly recommended that you consult a medical professional immediately. At Scottsdale Smile Center, our dentists – Dr. Coombs and Dr. Chiappetti – are highly experienced in diagnosing and treating sleep apnea for patients of all ages. Following a thorough consultation, they can determine if you are indeed suffering from sleep apnea, and if so, they can develop a customized treatment plan to help resolve the condition.
For more information, or if you would like to schedule an appointment at our practice, please contact Scottsdale Smile Center today.